Even the most fervent dog owners among us will admit that having dog hair all over the furniture is kind of annoying. In fact, it could be said that dog hair is one of the main reasons while a lot of people are hesitant about adopting or buying a dog. So, how to prevent dog hair in our homes?
Let’s take a look at some tips and tricks:
- Vacuum and clean your home regularly. This is more of a standard housekeeping tip but it’s especially important when you have a dog. Pet hair is mostly unnoticeable when it’s in small quantities and it’s much easier to clean them. So, don’t let it become too much.
- Get your dog a dog bed. Dog beds are amazing for a lot of different reasons. One of them is the fact that by staying in its dog bed, your pooch is leaving his hair there instead of on your couch.
- Frequently brush and comb your dog’s hair. This is an easy and enjoyable way to get rid of the hair before it can spread on your furniture.
- Cut your dog’s hair. A lot of dogs look much nicer with a short haircut, plus they feel better in the hot weather. The fact that they’ll have less hair to spread around your home is an added benefit.
- And of course, you can simply not allow your dog into certain areas. Dogs typically hate being isolated, but places such as the wardrobe or the guest room are often better off without canine presence in them. After all, you won’t need to clean the guestroom of dog hair if there haven’t been any dogs in it in the first place.
- Get a nice dog hair cleaning tool. There are a lot of items currently sold on the market that are amazing at removing dog hair from furniture. They work by either applying moisture, electric attraction or simply gripping surfaces. The various Velcro curlers, anti-static sprays like Static Guard, grooming, and de-shedding gloves, and so on, can all help you better deal with your dog’s hair and prevent it from spreading heavily in your home.
With these methods, the question of how to prevent dog hair in our homes is quite easily solvable. Good luck!