Find Us on Socials

- Advertisement -
Daily Scoop

Top ranking poison dangers reported for dogs in 2018

116Views
Dogs Love Us More

If you are a pet owner, you might have come across instances when your dog might have accidentally consumed something dangerous for his health, or you might have fed him something which you never knew could pose a threat to your pooch’s health. Let’s take a look at some of the highly toxic poisons for your pooch that can harm them or even be fatal.

Chocolate, grapes, xylitol, and raisins:

Chocolate can be too toxic for dogs. Theobromine, a toxic chemical for dogs, can be easily located inside chocolates, and the darker the chocolate, the more concentrated this chemical is. Apart from that many chewing gums and candies tend to have xylitol which is an artificial sweetener that can be toxic to dogs. Even when consumed in the minimal amount it can lead to liver failure or blood sugar drop. Grapes and raisins are also toxic to your dog as they can lead to kidney failure.

Insecticides:

Your vet must have suggested you a spot-on treatment for fleas and ticks, but it is always backed by a warning that states that your pooch should not consume or lick it by any chance. When not applied properly, these chemicals can be dangerous to your dog.

Naproxen or Ibuprofen:

Common drugs found in many households can also be dangerous to your dog’s health. Drugs such as Advil, Motrin or Aleve can harm your dog’s stomach, intestine and even lead to a potential failure in the kidney.

Household Cleaners:

Strong alkaline or acidic cleaners can be risky when consumed by your dogs given the fact that they are corrosive. Even the products that are tagged natural don’t mean they can be safe for your dog. Always make sure that these products are kept away from the reach of your dog.

Dogs Love Us More
Join to our NewsletterDogsLoveUsMore

Subscribers get instant access to our exclusive reports and knowledge area.