We all know how Pit Bulls often get a bad rap. Time and time again, there have been stories where Pit Bulls have saved the lives of their families, other pets and even complete strangers. These stories prove how affectionate Pit Bulls are towards humans, especially their families. Most importantly, they have great instincts when it comes to protecting their loved ones. As a result, they have been able to save so many lives. Today, we are going to talk about an eight-month old heroic Pit Bull puppy who saved her family including a baby from a house fire.
How it Happened
On the night of June 3rd, the Pit Bull puppy Sasha’s family were soundly asleep in their home in Stockton, California. Sasha has noticed the flames and started barking and banging against the door to draw the family’s attention towards the fire.
Sasha’s noise woke up one of her owners, Nana Chaichanhda, who got out of the bed to check why Sasha was acting so strange. Even before Nana noticed the flames, Sasha has pushed through the door and run straight to her seven-month old daughter Masailah.
Nana said, “[Sasha] had already had my baby by the diaper and was dragging her off the bed.”
Owners Not Surprised
Nana says that she wasn’t surprised by how protective Sasha was with Masailah when she realized that the family was in danger. Sasha has developed a strong bond with Masailah and understood that Masailah needed her help the most in that situation.
Apparently, Sasha and Masailah have been soulmates since Sasha joined the family when both were very young. According to Nana, they even bathe together!
“I owe her everything. If it wasn’t for her, I would have still been in bed and things could have taken a worse turn,” said Nana.
Sasha, the heroic Pit Bull puppy has definitely saved the lives of her family through her amazing instincts and quick thinking. This story is one of many that proves, if well treated, well trained and well exercised, Pit Bulls can make wonderful family dogs.
Here is an article where another heroic Pit Bull saved her family’s lives from Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Read about more heartwarming Pit Bull stories here.